The Vinoy, originally known as The Vinoy Park Hotel, opened on New Year’s Eve 1925. The 375-room hotel built by Aymer Vinoyr Laughner boasted an opulent ballroom and was a Mediterranean Revival structure with arches, decorative banding at the roofline, and ornately sculptural frames around the entry doors. In 1942, The Vinoy was used by the military to train recruits and house military culinary staff. The hotel reopened in 1944, but eventually was abandoned and occupied by the homeless population. Local residents didn’t want to see the waterfront, historic hotel torn down and eventually it was renovated and reopened in 1992.
More Info: Website
More Info: Facebook
More Info: Instagram
Return to: People's Choice Florida Building Survey