Built in 1925 and designed by Florida architectural firm Marsh & Saxelbye, the Casa Marina Hotel opened at the height of Florida's first land boom. Its grand opening was on the same day that the town was renamed Jacksonville Beach.
The Spanish-Mediterranean Revival design brought the first fireproof building composed of stucco, concrete, tile and an automatic sprinkler system. The Casa Marina was two stories tall and had 60 rooms. During World War II, the U.S. government appropriated the Casa Marina for military housing. Restorations and remodels led to private residences and an assortment of businesses over time.
Reopened in 1991, the Casa Marina Hotel & Restaurant now offers 23 bedrooms and parlor suites with excellent coastal rooftop views.
More Info: Website
More Info: Facebook
More Info: Instagram
Return to: People's Choice Florida Building Survey