The First Annual AIA Florida People's Choice Competition received 800,818 votes from 46 states, Canada, Peru, England, France, Germany, Switzerland, India, Dubai and Egypt!
The Winner is: Smokey Hollow Commemoration at Cascaes Park in Tallahassee, Fla! This project was designed by Tallahassee architecture firm, Lewis+Whitlock. Click here to learn more!
The Top Ten buildings and architects in statewide voting were:
- The Smokey Hollow Commemoration at Cascades Park in Tallahassee, Lewis+Whitlock
- Normandy Isles Walgreens in Miami Beach, Demandt Architecture, P.A.
- Florida State University Softball Indoor Batting Facility in Tallahassee, Lewis+Whitlock
- Archbold Biological Station Learning Center and Lodge in Venus, Parker/Mudgett/Smith Architects, Inc.
- William R. Hough Hall at University of Florida in Gainesville. Rowe Architects Inc.
- 3333 Building in Naples, David Poorman Architect LLC
- Exploration Tower in Cape Canaveral, GWWO Inc.
- Alton Road Walgreens in Miami Beach, Demandt Architecture, P.A.
- Young At Art (YAA) Museum Broward County Library, AECOM/Glavovic Studio
- William Johnston Building at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Gould Evans